CD woe

I found a bug in libcdaudio today.

I noticed some CD info was corrupt for compilation CDs.

The last letter of the track and the first letter of the artist was being chopped off.

An example can be seen here.

I finally traced it to something in libcdaudio that was parsing the track artists and titles incorrectly.

Luckily it proved easy to fix.

I’ll run my modified version for a few days and if it’s fine I’ll mail the maintainer.

The real problem I have is how to update all my incorrectly parsed CDs without physically reloading them all.

I may have to write a little C program that calls libcdaudio for each CD in my cache.

I don’t particularly enjoy writing C. šŸ™

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *