1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the “shuffle” command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That’s right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It’s time for total musical honesty. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
5. If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don’t have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you’d like.
This is what I had. Hmmm, not that embarrassing at all, how odd.
Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman) – Led Zeppelin
Tongebirge – Kraftwerk
Particle Man – They Might Be Giants
I’m Old Fashioned – John Coltrane
Lazy – David Byrne
All Good feat. Chaka Khan – De La Soul
First Of The Gang To Die – Morrissey
Doctor Dick – Lee Perry
Sex Object – Kraftwerk
Thinking About Tomorrow – Beth Orton
(via Small Values of Cool).